grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] 1.4.0 Issue with mysql drivers

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] 1.4.0 Issue with mysql drivers

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] 1.4.0 Issue with mysql drivers
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 16:11:30 -0500

> After configuring and testing with 1.3.1 for a bit now, in trying to
> switch over to 1.4.0 I'm experiencing issues with mysql drivers. I have
> placed the same mysql driver used in 1.3.1 in the lib/custom directory,
> but still get this error when trying to init by any means possible...
> I'm pretty sure I've checked all my bases, but are there any
> suggestions as to the cause of this issue?

Are you sure it is in the right place?

i.e. the driver is in grouper_home/lib/custom, and you are invoking from
grouper_home/bin/gsh? Maybe there is an env var for grouper_home which
points to the wrong place?

You could try putting the jar in lib/grouper, but it seems like it doesn't
address the root problem.

> 2009-01-13 13:48:13,046: [main] WARN
> GrouperJdbcConnectionProvider.init(88) - shouldnt set driver for
> GrouperJdbcConnectionProvider: jdbc, com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

These mean if you are using GrouperJdbcConnectionProvider in the sources.xml,
then it will use the DB credentials / settings from
grouper.hibernate.properties, and you should take them out of sources.xml...

Regards,