grouper-users - Newbie questions

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Newbie questions

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Newbie questions
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 17:18:35 -0500 (EST)

I am new to Grouper and am trying to understand some of its features. I have
been unable to find answers to a few things in the doc, examples and lists so
far.

1. Is it possible to assign group permissions (e.g. ADMIN, UPDATE, READ,
etc.) to another group so that everyone in the designated group receives
those permissions dynamically?

2. When using the group permission "OPTIN", it seems that you have to define
in advance all of the subjects that will be allowed to opt in because the
permission is assigned to a subject. Is it possible to let any subject opt in
to a group without having to specify the subjects in advance?

3. I have seen "groupLookupName" in some v1.4 web services code samples. What
is it used for?

Thank you.
Paul Gazda