grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Grouper 1.4.0 WS: Values for setIncludeGroupDetail when saving group

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Grouper 1.4.0 WS: Values for setIncludeGroupDetail when saving group

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>, Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Grouper 1.4.0 WS: Values for setIncludeGroupDetail when saving group
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 10:11:20 -0500

Axis has a terrible bug that I have been following up on with them, and they
say it will be fixed in the next release (who really knows though):

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-3364

Basically, if you us SOAP with grouper-ws, you have to pass every single
param before any param you are sending (the order is in the WSDL). E.g. if
you want to say groupSave.setIncludeGroupDetail("T"), then you must also set
the String params before it (I believe that is how it works). And if you
don’t need it set, just use the empty string. E.g.

groupSave.setTxType("");
groupSave.setIncludeGroupDetail("T");

Then it will work. Again though, with REST it is not a problem (since it
doesn’t use Axis), and the grouperClient uses REST, so it wont have that
problem. Maybe I should do all the examples with the grouper client so
people can see how it would work? Are you interested in changing to it, or
do you already have too much code with the old way?

Thanks!
Chris