grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Grouper 1.4.0 RC1: grouper-ws - SubjectNotFoundException on deployment

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Grouper 1.4.0 RC1: grouper-ws - SubjectNotFoundException on deployment

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>, Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Grouper 1.4.0 RC1: grouper-ws - SubjectNotFoundException on deployment
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:17:03 -0500

Thanks for pointing this out and for your patience.

Is this a tarring issue? (note I created a cvs.internet2.edu build script for
web services, can we use this from now on? See below)

Issue #1, the filename is .gz, not .tar.gz
Issue #2, I unzipped on windows with winzip, and it didn’t build correctly
(see attached screenshot, some source files weren’t named correctly in the
tar for some reason when using winzip)

I checked out from cvs and built, and it put subject.jar in the lib dir
(note, I had to adjust a build.properties entry in RC1, not in HEAD):

cvs
-d:pserver::/home/cvs/i2mi
login

cvs
-d:pserver::/home/cvs/i2mi
co -r GROUPER_WS_1_4_0_RC1 grouper-ws

change build.properties (in RC1, not in RC2+):
FROM: generated.client.project.dir=../grouper-ws-java-generated-client_HEAD
TO: generated.client.project.dir=../grouper-ws-java-generated-client

Build with ant, worked fine.

Regards,
Chris

###################
For the cvs.internet2.edu build (for grouper team), make sure you have this
in your ~/.bash_profile file:

export JAVA_HOME=/home/mchyzer/java
export ANT_HOME=/home/mchyzer/ant
export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$ANT_HOME/bin:/home/mchyzer/bin:$PATH

[mchyzer@ellis
dist]$ buildGrouperWs.sh HEAD

Note, for both binary builds, I made the output go to my home dir, and not
the /tmp dir anymore, since the /tmp dir doesn’t have that much space... it
will tell you where the output is, and you should have access to see it.

I did the grouperWs build, unzipped on unix and windows and it worked fine
(with subject.jar in lib dir)...