grouper-users - Grouper 1.4.0 RC1: grouper-ws - SubjectNotFoundException on deployment

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Grouper 1.4.0 RC1: grouper-ws - SubjectNotFoundException on deployment

  • From: "Dr. Loris Bennett" <>
  • To: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Grouper 1.4.0 RC1: grouper-ws - SubjectNotFoundException on deployment
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:39:39 +0100

Hi,

When I try to deploy the grouper-ws webapp, it fails to start with the
following error:

26.11.2008 09:09:54 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
filterStart
SCHWERWIEGEND: Exception starting filter Grouper service filter
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
edu/internet2/middleware/subject/SubjectNotFoundException

The problem seems to be that subject.jar is not included in the war
file. A workaround is to copy subject.jar from lib/grouper to
lib/custom.

I assume that something goes wrong when ant constructs the set of jar
files to copy to WEB-INF/lib. However, looking at the differences in
build.xml for 1.3 and 1.4RC I can't see how the changes made would cause
this problem, but then I am no ant expert. I am using ant 1.7.1.

Regards

Loris

--
Dr. Loris Bennett (Mr.)