Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
RE: [grouper-users] Grouper-WS: Renaming stems - Does it in fact work?
- From: Chris Hyzer <>
- To: Loris Bennett <>, Grouper Users Mailing List <>
- Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Grouper-WS: Renaming stems - Does it in fact work?
- Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:40:27 -0400
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
I must admit I like it when things work that shouldn’t rather than things
don’t work than should... :)
I think on one place in the javadoc I say you cannot rename, and in another I
say you cannot move a stem. I tried this out, and it seems like renaming is
ok as long as the stem's parent is the same, but if you move this stem (or
rename and move) to a different parent stem, then it will not work. I have
updated the javadoc, and it will propagate at some point...
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Loris Bennett
> Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 6:40 AM
> To: Grouper Users Mailing List
> Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper-WS: Renaming stems - Does it in fact
> Although it says in the Javadoc that one cannot use stemSave to rename
> an existing stem, I tried setting the stem name in the WsStemLookup
> object to the existing stem name and the name in the WsStem object to
> the a new name and this seemed to work.
> Does renaming in fact work or am I missing something which will fall on
> my foot at some later date?
> Dr. Loris Bennett
> Computer Centre
> Freie Universität Berlin
> Berlin, Germany
- Grouper-WS: Renaming stems - Does it in fact work?, Loris Bennett, 10/13/2008
- RE: [grouper-users] Grouper-WS: Renaming stems - Does it in fact work?, Chris Hyzer, 10/13/2008
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.