grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] GrouperWS - subject not found via Webservice, found via UI

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] GrouperWS - subject not found via Webservice, found via UI

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Loris Bennett <>, Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] GrouperWS - subject not found via Webservice, found via UI
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 10:20:07 -0400

Sorry to say that this is a bug in the web services code. I committed a fix
in 1.4 which will be ready to user at the end of the month or in early nov.
Also I added test cases in for various combinations of subjectId, sourceId,
and subjectIdentifer. If you need something sooner, let me know and I can
probably get a patch to you.

Regards,
Chris

Ps. If you want to do a temporary workaround to get up and running, you could
put the identifier in the subjectId() field, and change your sources.xml so
the searchSubject query has the same query as the searchSubjectByIdentifier
query... Im not sure that wont break something else, but you could try it
until 1.4 if you like. My understanding is there is exactly one subjectId
per subject, but a subject could have many identifiers (alternate id's). The
finding of subjects by id should be faster than searching all identifiers...
the subjectId is used in the grouper_members table.