grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Using GrouperShell to bootstrap the Wheel Group

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Using GrouperShell to bootstrap the Wheel Group

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Using GrouperShell to bootstrap the Wheel Group
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 12:45:18 -0500

Hi,

> I assume that you have verified with a plain ldap client that this filter
> with whatever base you've configured and onelevel scope works fine when
> BINDing as the configured security_principal.

Yes, but...

> > How can I verify that the grouper running under Tomcat and
> > also gsh.sh are able to search our LDAP correctly?
>
> Give gsh the getSources() command. It should list each source configured
> in
> sources.xml, if they have initialized ok.
>
> gsh's findSubject("883") ought to just fetch that subject.
>
> If either of these don't work, check the grouper_error log. You might want
> to retry after setting the Subject API logging level up to "info" in
> $GROUPER_HOME/conf/log4j.properties to get more verbose log messages.
> These
> should provide a good clue.

Thanks, this was quite helpful.

The main problem was that Grouper/gsh as a client was not able
to use SSL to talk with our LDAP because it could not find the
CA cert to verify the cert that the LDAP is using.

I used this brute force approach to solve that problem:

keytool -import -file /etc/openldap/cacerts/df0d159c.0 -keystore
/opt/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts

With this change I was able to do getSources() and see that
the Grouper API can talk to our LDAP.

> If you've got the problem solved with gsh, I bet you can get tomcat to
> follow suit!

Yes, indeed. I now have Grouper running inside of Tomcat.

Thanks much,

Scott