grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] LDAP Directory JDBC Connector

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] LDAP Directory JDBC Connector

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Thomas M Goerger <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] LDAP Directory JDBC Connector
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 21:46:53 -0500

This, together with your initial problem that led you to look into LDAP via JDBC, makes me wonder whether there's a Subject API jar in the proper location. Which leads to some elementary sanity-check questions, if you don't mind me starting there. Are you starting with a clean install of grouper 1.2.1 and following the build instructions in README.txt? What java, ant, and OS are you running with?

Tom

Thomas M Goerger wrote:
From some docs I found on the web, I thought it might be faster to use a
JDBC connector instead of the JNDI. However, when I try to use the JNDI
adaptor, I'm getting an initialization error trying to run the ant db-init
task. Haven't seen any problems in my sources.xml file, but am still
getting the error. Any ideas on why I might be getting this?

db.init:
[java] Exception in thread "main"
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.GrouperRuntimeException: unable to
initialize registry: unable to retrieve GrouperSystem: unable to get
SourceManager: Error initializing SourceManager
[java] at
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.RegistryInstall.main(RegistryInstall.java:41)
[java] Caused by:
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.GrouperRuntimeException: unable to
retrieve GrouperSystem: unable to get SourceManager: Error initializing
SourceManager
[java] at
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.SubjectFinder.findRootSubject(SubjectFinder.java:297)
[java] at
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.RegistryInstall.main(RegistryInstall.java:33)
[java] Java Result: 1
begin:vcard
fn:Tom Barton
n:Barton;Tom
org:University of Chicago;Networking Services & Information Technology
adr;dom:1155 E. 60th St.;;Rm 309, 1155 Bldg;Chicago;IL;60637
email;internet:
title:Sr. Director - Integration
tel;work:+1 773 834 1700
version:2.1