grouper-users - Grouper v1.2.1 Release Candidate 1 is available

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Grouper v1.2.1 Release Candidate 1 is available

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>, Grouper Users <>
  • Subject: Grouper v1.2.1 Release Candidate 1 is available
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 16:14:31 -0600

Grouper v1.2.1-rc1 is now available for download on the Grouper wiki:
<https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Software+Download>.

Grouper v1.2.1 is a maintenance release in which a few bugs have been fixed and performance has been substantially improved. Some modest functional enhancements have also been made to the UI. Significant gains have been achieved by tuning how the API interacts with the relational back-end and its caching strategy, and both the API and UI use new strategies to check privileges. The project team has also identified some promising new approaches to achieve even further gains that we hope to roll out in Grouper v1.3.0.

Details on the improvements can found in the Internet2 Jira issue tracker

for the API:
<http://tinyurl.com/yq372u>

and the UI:
<http://tinyurl.com/ynpkhf>

Please do email this list with any issues you find or other observations you have on the release candidate. Barring any serious issue arising, we plan to release v1.2.1 proper on December 3rd or 4th.

Enjoy!
Tom

  • Grouper v1.2.1 Release Candidate 1 is available, Tom Barton, 11/18/2007