grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] delete a subject?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] delete a subject?

  • From: "" <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] delete a subject?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:58:21 -0700 (PDT)

The subject API is a technology designed to integrate grouper or other apps with an existing identity management infrastructure. It does no management of subjects, only query.

That local jdbc store is there only to support the self-contained quickstart environment, for demo purposes.

Still seems like a delete ought to accompany an add.

So yes, you'll need to roll your own subject management with whatever capabilities you need.

Ok, no problem.

I'm curious: is your need for a non-ldap subject illustrative of a broader need to manage memberships, and perhaps other aspects, of some set of subjects not yet managed by UW's IdM-ware?

Our people are all available from ldap sources. However, we have members of
groups that are CommonNames of applications -- names from x509 certificates.
We have a 'registry' of these names on out certificate authority, but it is
not available outside the CA. So, I decided to add some of these to the
local jdbc source - it was convenient.

Don't know if we will ever have an ldap registry for our certificates. So
the local jdbc source might prove useful in the long term for this sort of
thing.

Jim