grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] delete a subject?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] delete a subject?

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Jim Fox <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] delete a subject?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:58:11 -0500

Jim Fox wrote:

I needed a subject that wasn't in my ldap subject source,
and so added one to the local 'jdbc' store. Now I want
to delete it.

Is it by design that there's no "deleteSubject" in gsh?
Nor any obvious way except by direct sql commands to the database?

What's the recommended way to delete a subject?

The subject API is a technology designed to integrate grouper or other apps with an existing identity management infrastructure. It does no management of subjects, only query.

That local jdbc store is there only to support the self-contained quickstart environment, for demo purposes.

So yes, you'll need to roll your own subject management with whatever capabilities you need.

I'm curious: is your need for a non-ldap subject illustrative of a broader need to manage memberships, and perhaps other aspects, of some set of subjects not yet managed by UW's IdM-ware?

Tom