grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Error using Gsh

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Error using Gsh

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: THIA Jean-Marie <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Error using Gsh
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 07:35:44 -0500

Looks like gsh was unable to parse the command input. Did you try using single quotes rather than double quotes to delimit the string?

I have also seen some issues with different combinations of terminals, command shells, and gsh. For example, using the backspace or delete key might appear to properly edit the command line, but might also cause a parsing issue with the string passed by the terminal into gsh. Or with using single vs. double quotes for literals.

Tom

THIA Jean-Marie wrote:

Hello,
I just build the gsh source and changed the gsh-home path, but when I make a query I have an evaluation error :
C:\work\App\grouper-qs-1.2.0\grouper\ext\bin>rem $Id: gsh.bat 2 2007-05-11 18:13:14Z blair.christensen $
gsh-0.1.1 0% subj=SubjectFinder.findById("GrouperSystem")
// Error: unable to evaluate command: Sourced file: inline evaluation of: ``subj
=SubjectFinder.findById("GrouperSystem");'' : Method Invocation SubjectFinder.findById
gsh-0.1.1 1%
I guess that this is not a configuration problem.
My configuration :
Windows vista
Latest sun java 5 jdk (one thing happens though, I said yes to the java upgrade, everything was down tomcat did not want to start, so I uninstalled the update)
Jean Marie