grouper-users - Preserving group read priv for groups in the directory

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Preserving group read priv for groups in the directory

  • From: Joy Veronneau <>
  • To: Grouper Users <>
  • Cc: Andrea Marie Beesing <>, Peter Christopher Bosanko <>, Hong Ye <>, Tom Parker <>, Gregory Branchek Roth <>, Steve Edgar <>, Kenneth Lee Friedman <>, Shivakeshav Santi <>, William R Turner <>
  • Subject: Preserving group read priv for groups in the directory
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:36:52 -0400

Hi,

I've posted some slides from my brief presentation at the Grouper/ Signet working group meeting about our strategy for maintaining group membership privacy in the directory. The action item from the discussion was that we need to look at provisioning information from the "read" and "view" attributes for a group into the directory, along with the group membership info.

The slides are on the Cornell contribution page of the Grouper wiki:

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/The+Cornell +Grouper+Project+Page

I am, of course, interested in any of your comments or ideas on our strategy :)

Joy

  • Preserving group read priv for groups in the directory, Joy Veronneau, 04/26/2007