grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] problem and solution of adding a mass of members using grouper-1.1 API

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] problem and solution of adding a mass of members using grouper-1.1 API

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] problem and solution of adding a mass of members using grouper-1.1 API
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:50:48 -0400

Assuming there is not a larger problem here (seems weird to get this error, and that it goes away with no prepared statement caching), perhaps we should check that this setting is appropriate when using oracle, and throw descriptive exception if not on startup? If this is a useful addition, I volunteer to tackle this for the fall release (sounds like a good starter bug for me, and we will use oracle).

Regards,
Chris

冯娟 wrote:
hello everyone
I have some experiences to share with you, I hope it is helpful to you.

problem:
When I added members to a group, I found that when a add several members, it is ok. But when I add a mass of person, it always throw an exception:

Caused by: net.sf.hibernate.HibernateException : hibernate commit error: Row was
updated or deleted by another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping was incorrec
t) for edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.Attribute instance with identifier: 4028
728111b175270111b17be88c0007
at edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.HibernateHelper.saveAndDelete(Hibern
ateHelper.java:216)
... 25 more
Caused by: net.sf.hibernate.StaleObjectStateException : Row was updated or delete
d by another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping was incorrect) for edu.intern
et2.middleware.grouper.Attribute instance with identifier: 4028728111b175270111b
17be88c0007
at net.sf.hibernate.persister.AbstractEntityPersister.check(AbstractEnti
tyPersister.java:513)
at net.sf.hibernate.persister.EntityPersister.update(EntityPersister.jav
a:664)
at net.sf.hibernate.persister.EntityPersister.update (EntityPersister.jav
a:621)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.ScheduledUpdate.execute (ScheduledUpdate.java:52
)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.execute(SessionImpl.java:2449)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.executeAll (SessionImpl.java:2435)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.execute (SessionImpl.java:2393)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:2261)
at net.sf.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransaction.commit (JDBCTransaction.j
ava:61)
at edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.HibernateHelper.saveAndDelete (Hibern
ateHelper.java:212)
... 25 more

solution:
I noticed that in grouper.hiberbate.properties, there is:
# NOTE: If using Oracle you will need to disable preparared statement
# caching by setting:
# hibernate.dbcp.ps.maxIdle = 0

so I did and it is resolved.