grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Classpath problems initializing Oracle DB

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Classpath problems initializing Oracle DB

  • From: "blair christensen." <>
  • To: "Cramton, James" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Classpath problems initializing Oracle DB
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:08:32 -0500
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=fXzsLP3SpuJjnGZ5om9HP0aEjV3LC1mjctEVPsK6sJfopDt1auA7rbVwzJwLvhanbWAnxZU/s9sBb9THJVgtwcV8EeXJTj3GENLFDI0triSrwqxhnwyHqVDHg+R+a3jMyDe33nwhIdDo8M/JGQ20biSxrDd6Q0qvN2I89k7HcGs=

On 3/23/07, Cramton, James
The problem appears to be related to the ant
script not being able to find the oracle driver. I have the oracle 10g
driver in the bash shell's CLASSPATH, but I notice a warning when I
execute ant db-init that indicates project.classpath has not been set at
runtime. Do I need to explicitly reference the oracle driver in the
project.classpath? Any thoughts?

There was a bug with how we defined our internal classpath within
Grouper's build.xml. I've just checked a change into HEAD that should
fix this. The change was replacing an erroneous use of "${classpath}"
with "${java.class.path}".

% ruby -i -pe 'gsub!(/\{classpath\}/, "\{java.class.path\}")' build.xml

[jcramton@bravo
grouper-api-1.1]$ ant schemaexport
Buildfile: build.xml
Warning: Reference project.classpath has not been set at runtime, but
was found during
build file parsing, attempting to resolve. Future versions of Ant may
support
referencing ids defined in non-executed targets.

I've eliminated most (if not all) of these warnings in the HEAD code.