grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] a problem with ldappc

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] a problem with ldappc

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: 冯娟 <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] a problem with ldappc
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 07:36:36 -0500

[I'm keeping this just on the grouper-users list]

In addition to Kathryn's comment about not using the g:gsa source, I noticed a couple of other things about your ldappc.xml file that don't seem right, though I don't know whether they explain the error you're getting.

冯娟 wrote:

<ldappc>
<grouper>
<group-queries>
<subordinate-stem-queries>
<stem-list>
<stem></stem>
</stem-list>
</subordinate-stem-queries>

I think that this selects no stems, ie, no groups will be provisioned. Either omit the <subordinate-stem-queries> element, which will signify all stems should be selected, or list some actual stem names.

<!--
<attribute-matching-queries>
<attribute-list>
<attribute name="attribute" value="value" />
</attribute-list>
</attribute-matching-queries>
-->
</group-queries>
<groups structure="flat"
root-dn="ou=Groups,dc=scut,dc=edu,dc=cn"
ldap-object-class="groupOfNames"
ldap-rdn-attribute="cn" grouper-attribute="name" >
<group-members-dn-list list-object-class="scutCNEduPerson"
list-attribute="member" list-empty-value=""/>

The list-object-class value must be an objectclass containing the list-attribute. In your case, using "member" is fine, but then you probably mean list-object-class="groupOfNames".

</groups>

<memberships>
<member-groups-list
list-object-class="groupOfNames"
list-attribute="ou"
naming-attribute="name" />

Similar to the above, using "ou" should work (though that might not be in accord with its intended semantics), but I doubt that you have or want your person ldap entries to have "groupOfNames" objectclass values. Some ldap servers won't allow 2 incompatible structural objectclass types on the same entry. For list-object-class here use "organizationalPerson", or possibly "organizationalRole", depending on what you're attempting to do, being the objectclass that contains the "ou" attribute.

</memberships>

</grouper>

<source-subject-identifiers>
<source-subject-identifier source="example" subject-attribute="uid" >
<ldap-search base="ou=People,dc=scut,dc=edu,dc=cn"
scope="subtree_scope"
filter="(uid={0})" />
</source-subject-identifier>
<source-subject-identifier source="g:gsa" subject-attribute="name">
<ldap-search base="ou=Groups,dc=scut,dc=edu,dc=cn"
scope="subtree_scope"
filter="(cn={0})" />
</source-subject-identifier>

Omit this <source-subject-identifier source="g:gsa" ...> element. Ldappc uses the grouper API directly and does not treat grouper groups as "subjects".

</source-subject-identifiers>

<ldap>
<context>
<parameter-list>
<parameter name="initial_context_factory" value="
com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory" />
<parameter name="provider_url" value="ldap://192.168.78.12:389"; />
<parameter name="security_authentication" value="simple" />
<parameter name="security_principal" value="cn=Directory Manager" />
<parameter name="security_credentials" value="ldap+admin" />
</parameter-list>
</context>
</ldap>

</ldappc>