grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] no caller page

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] no caller page

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Jim Fox <>, Tom Barton <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] no caller page
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 14:24:06 +0000

Jim,

I cannot reproduce the error, and would only normally expect to see it if your session had timed out - so it might happen once in a while but not all the time, unless you have a really short session timeout configured in your web.xml?

The stacktrace below:

....ui.actions.GrouperCapableAction.getCallerPageData (GrouperCapableAction.java:410)
....ui.CallerPageFilter.doFilter(CallerPageFilter.java:81)

is a little different to the first one you sent:

....ui.actions.GrouperCapableAction.getCallerPageData (GrouperCapableAction.java:410) at ....ui.actions.GrouperCapableAction.saveAsCallerPage (GrouperCapableAction.java:340) at

The first one above is thrown in a Filter and is what I would expect if a Session had expired. The second is thrown after the Filter has completed, and has redirected the browser to the appropriate page. Here a second call is made to getCallerPageData, but it is failing. I've no idea why since the invocations should be within fractions of a second.

I've also run the UI in Tomcat under JDK 1.6 without a problem, but I couldn't get Grouper/Grouper UI to compile with it - Class format errors were reported in some of the third party jars.

In principle, I could ensure that the second error never occurs by catching the exception - the rest of the code ought to work OK - but, on a subsequent click you might still get the first error.

I save the data in the session deliberately so that it will disappear with the session. An alternative would be to store it in application scope and expire it some other way, but I'd like to understand what is happening before I make changes.

Gary