grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] import, command line parameters....

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] import, command line parameters....

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] import, command line parameters....
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:36:50 +0000

As we only give the 'identifier' for a subject on the command line, the XmlImport tool has to iterate across all Subject Sources to find the appropriate subject. The Grouper API uses 'SubjectFinder.findByIdentifier', which expects to find a unique subject. It should throw exceptions if 0 or
1 results are found.

The JNDISourceAdapter catches NamingExceptions and logs an error but program execution should continue as the exceptions are not propagated i.e. although there is an error in the log, I would expect that GrouperSystem is in fact resolved by the internal GrouperSourceAdapter and so is probably a red herring.

Gary

--On 26 February 2007 16:12 -0600 Tom Barton

Steve,

I'm also puzzled about why grouper's xml-import would be looking up
GrouperSystem in an external Subject Source. Grouper's two
application-specific Subjects, GrouperSystem and GrouperAll, are resolved
by a logical source adapter internal to the grouper API implementation.

Could you send your import xml to blair and I? We'll start by trying to
replicate your problem.

Tom

wrote:
I'm trying to use import to 1) create a new stem, 2) create a couple of
test groups, and 3) add a couple of people to each of the test groups.
I'm using xml-import. I'm able to do 1) and 2); 3) is failing (altho I'm
now communicating properly with my ldap server).

I used this command line:

ant xml-import -Dcmd="GrouperSystem brown-test-registry.xml
brown-testing.properties "

and got this in the grouper_error.log file:

2007-02-22 15:19:38,917: searchType: searchSubjectByIdentifier filter:
(& (brownNetID=GrouperSystem) (objectclass=inetOrgPerson)) base:
dc=brown,dc=edu scope: SUBTREE_SCOPE
2007-02-22 15:19:38,946: Ldap NamingException: [LDAP: error code 32 - No
Such Object]
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - No Such
Object]; remaining name 'dc=brown,dc=edu'
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3010)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2931)

I've pasted the relevant lines from my sources file down below....

I read the log file to say that its trying to do an ldap search, using
the attribute I specified (brownNetID), but searching for a value it
obtained from the command line (GrouperSystem) , rather than from the
input file (eg stc)....

the doc for import describes the first command line parameter as

Identifies a Subject 'who' will create a GrouperSession.

suggestions about what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

-------- from sources file

<search>
<searchType>searchSubject</searchType>
<param>
<param-name>filter</param-name>
<param-value>
(&amp; (brownBRUID=%TERM%) (objectclass=inetOrgPerson))
</param-value>
</param>
<param>
<param-name>scope</param-name>
<param-value>
SUBTREE_SCOPE
</param-value>
</param>
<param>
<param-name>base</param-name>
<param-value>
dc=brown,dc=edu
</param-value>
</param>

</search>
<search>
<searchType>searchSubjectByIdentifier</searchType>
<param>
<param-name>filter</param-name>
<param-value>
(&amp; (brownNetID=%TERM%) (objectclass=inetOrgPerson))
</param-value>
</param>
<param>
<param-name>scope</param-name>
<param-value>
SUBTREE_SCOPE
</param-value>
</param>
<param>
<param-name>base</param-name>
<param-value>
dc=brown,dc=edu
</param-value>
</param>
</search>

<search>
<searchType>search</searchType>
<param>
<param-name>filter</param-name>
<param-value>
(&amp;
(|(uid=%TERM%)(cn=*%TERM%*)(exampleEduRegId=%TERM%))(objectclass=example
EduPerson))

</param-value>
</param>
<param>
<param-name>scope</param-name>
<param-value>
SUBTREE_SCOPE
</param-value>
</param>
<param>
<param-name>base</param-name>
<param-value>
dc=brown,dc=edu
</param-value>
</param>
</search>
///Attributes you would like to display when doing a search
<attribute>sn</attribute>
<attribute>department</attribute>

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing