grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] xml-import, setting log level for jndi...

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] xml-import, setting log level for jndi...

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] xml-import, setting log level for jndi...
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 15:55:30 +0000

Hi Steven,

grouper/conf/log4j.properties has:

log4j.logger.edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.XmlExporter = INFO, grouper_event
log4j.logger.edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.XmlImporter = INFO, grouper_event

That file also has the locations of log files.

Gary

--On 20 February 2007 10:50 -0500

wrote:

I'm experimenting, using xml-import to create stems and groups, and
populate groups... I've added a subject config pointing to our QA ldap
server....

I'm able to create stems and groups.... but having some problems adding
people/members to the groups....

can someone tell me how/where to configure logging (to the DEBUG level)
so I can see what the JNDI connector thinks its doing?

thanks!

(fyi... if I do NOT include a source definition for my ldap directory,
the load runs to completion, but (as expected) doesn't add people. If I
DO include a source definition for my ldap directory (same xml input
file), the import seems to hang... forever.....)

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing