grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] populateDebugPrefs.do and NPE

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] populateDebugPrefs.do and NPE

  • From: Monica Crawford <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] populateDebugPrefs.do and NPE
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 18:13:46 -0500

I should have clarified. I get the below stack when going to the URL
localhost:7001/grouper/populateDebugPrefs.do. I should at least get to the URL even if I can't set the preferences to an exploded war file.

I'm wondering if the source of the NPE ( x = request.getRealPath(request.getServletPath()) ) is also related to the lack of lists I see. I'll work on it some more tomorrow.

Thanks Gary!
Monica

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing wrote:
Hi Monica,

Currently, the debug prefs only work if you have an expanded WAR. It may also only work on Windows systems. The preferences are saved to file so that they can be read in later, saving re-typing paths. Unfortunately, I didn't make the file location configurable - something I will do in due course.

For the time being you can update LowLevelGrouperCapableAction and SaveDebugPrefsAction. Look for a String variable 'prefsFile' and change to something that will work on your system.

Gary