grouper-users - signet-grouper LDAP provisioner

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

signet-grouper LDAP provisioner

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Grouper Users <>, Signet Users <>
  • Subject: signet-grouper LDAP provisioner
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:24:20 -0500

I'm happy to announce that EDUCAUSE, Internet2, and U Chicago have agreed to fund the development of an LDAP provisioning connector that can provision groups, memberships, and permissions into an LDAP directory. This work will be done under contract with a development group that U Chicago has used for many years. I suppose I should stress that formal contracts have yet to be executed, but on the strength of the verbal agreements the developers have begun work in good faith.

I developed an RFQ (Request For Quote) containing the main functional requirements of the code to be developed and other deliverables. You are welcome to review it at <https://filer.uchicago.edu/users/tbarton/public/jndi-conn-rfq-02.html>.

My hope is to have an early but working version of the provisioning connector available to show at the CAMP this November, with a final version being available not long thereafter. It will be available as open source under the Apache 2 license.

Tom

  • signet-grouper LDAP provisioner, Tom Barton, 09/13/2006