grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Grouper/Oracle (install)

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Grouper/Oracle (install)

  • From: Mark Weber <>
  • To: Tom Poage <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Grouper/Oracle (install)
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:33:58 -0600

ahh maybe that's my problem, well, one of many, but that's another topic :-)

Using Ver. Oracle 9i, net.sf.hibernate.dialect.OracleDialect and the tarball from the conference.

I'll build from CVS and use the right dialect. I'm sure that will fix it. Other than this little hiccup, I got it to build without trouble.

Pretty cool!
Thanks,
--Mark

Tom Poage wrote:
Hi, Mark.

Mark Weber wrote:
Noticed another caveat with oracle and Grouper/Hibernate. Sorry if this
has already been published elsewhere.

In your hibernate.properties you need to add the following *before* you
do your initial 'ant schemaexport' (otherwise your db-init fails)

hibernate.query.substitutions = true 1, false 0

The reason for this is that Oracle does not support Boolean datatype.
Apparently it's optional in the ANSI SQL spec.

Curious: which version of Oracle, and which Hibernate dialect?

I fetched grouper from cvs yesterday, set hibernate.dialect to
net.sf.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect (running 10g here), and
didn't see--well, notice--any schemaexport errors.

The mapping in, say, edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.GroupType
(table GROUPER_TYPES) looks to be Java boolean -> Hibernate Type.BIT
-> Oracle NUMERIC(1,0).

Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Release 10.1.0.3.0 - 64bit Production

SQL> describe grouper_types;
Name Null? Type
----------------------------------------- -------- ---------------
ID NOT NULL VARCHAR2(128)
NAME NOT NULL VARCHAR2(255)
CREATOR_ID VARCHAR2(128)
CREATE_TIME NOT NULL NUMBER(19)
ASSIGNABLE NUMBER(1)
INTERNAL NUMBER(1)

Tom.
--
Tom Poage
IET Middleware

--
.Mark G. Weber----------------------Division of Information Technology.

University Of Wisconsin - Madison|
|608/263.8945 Room 3159 Computer Science|