grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Installing grouper with postgres

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Installing grouper with postgres

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Brian Yee <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Installing grouper with postgres
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:58:47 +0000

Hi Brian,

The error message you see is 'expected'. The unit test is checking that you cannot retrieve a subject from a GrouperSession which has been stopped. Grouper 'logs' the error - so it appears in the output, but the test expects the resulting Exception. For info I've included the test below:

public void testUseStoppedSession() {
LOG.info("testUseStoppedSession");
GrouperSession s = SessionHelper.getRootSession();
try {
s.stop();
Assert.assertTrue("stopped session", true);
Assert.assertNull("null member", s.getMember());
try {
Subject subj = s.getSubject();
Assert.fail("got subject");
}
catch (RuntimeException eR) {
Assert.assertTrue("failed to get subject", true);
}
Assert.assertNull("null session id", s.getSessionId());
Assert.assertNull("null start time", s.getStartTime());
}
catch (Exception e) {
Assert.fail("failed to stop session: " + e.getMessage());
}
} // public void testUseStoppedSession()

Regards,

Gary

--On 11 January 2006 22:55 -0600 Brian Yee

I am new with using grouper and postgres. Ive installed both
on a test box to check it out, and I ran the test suite. It
seems to run fine except for 1 error.

[junit] 2006-01-10 15:54:19,886 FATAL GrouperSession: unable
to get subject associated with session

Can anyone tell me what this means or if I should even be
concerned about it? I cant seem to find documentation on the
website detailing what could be wrong with my installation.

Thanks.
Brian Yee

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing