grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] question about configuring subject

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] question about configuring subject

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Joy Veronneau <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] question about configuring subject
  • Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:01:07 -0500

Joy,

You need to make a delegation of privilege to jv11. To do so, first login as GrouperSystem and delegate to jv11 some privilege. For example, make a top level stem called 'joytest' and assign jv11 STEM privilege for it. Close your browser and log back in as jv11. You can now give yourself CREATE priv in 'joytest' and begin creating/editing groups & substems and groups in substems, etc.

Tom

Joy Veronneau wrote:
Hi,

We have an instance of the grouper ui now hooked up to our authentication system, so that when I go to our grouper website, I am recognized as "jv11". I am wondering now how to give myself (and others) the privileges needed to create stems and groups etc. (i.e. like the GrouperSystem user).

From reading the docs, it looks like I maybe need to make jv11 a member of the grouperCreator group? Would I use the contributed groupmgr program to do that?

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction :)

Thanks!

Joy