grouper-users - Installing and configuring grouper

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Installing and configuring grouper

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Installing and configuring grouper
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 13:05:24 -0400

Hey,

We would like to setup a proof of concept using grouper and some groups we use at Penn (e.g. staff, active-student, etc)

I have downloaded and installed the software, but I would like run through the steps that I need to do:

1. Create some groups (using the Java API?)
2. Populate the groups with users (using the Java API, and with IDs externally defined (e.g. our "pennkey" which is a 8 character field of alphas))?
3. Create or use some connector so that apps can query the data (Is there an LDAP one available yet? Should we use the API to get something working via web service / RMI / export to flat file, import into LDAP / etc?)

Any help is appreciated. I have read some of the docs in case I missed something...