grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Problems with naming privileges

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Problems with naming privileges

  • From: Keith Hazelton <>
  • To:
  • Cc: EIS Architecture <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Problems with naming privileges
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 10:34:22 -0600

Happy to contribute privmgr. I'd say let's give grouper-users a week or two to bang on it before doing that. I should also confirm the copyright & licensing stuff with the people here who worry about that kind of thing.

--Keith
_________________
Tom Barton wrote:

Seems like this is a real candidate for contributed code. Would you like to contribute it, ie, so that it is in the grouper cvs and will be included in subsequent releases? If so, just tell me when you think it's ready. Looks like you've already dealt with copyright and license in the same manner as the other contrib codes.

Tom

Keith Hazelton wrote:

Fixed my contrib/privmgr/privmgr.java errors. I just needed to add the "type" parameter to the GrouperGroup.load method so it would load groups of specified type (base or naming).

GrouperGroup g = GrouperGroup.load(s, stem, extn, gType)
^^^^^^^

Fixed another error in the if-else block scoping. Now it works as expected. I can set and revoke access and naming privileges.
See updated copies at:

http://arch.doit.wisc.edu/keith/i2/grouper/privmgr/privmgr.java
http://arch.doit.wisc.edu/keith/i2/grouper/privmgr/build.xml
http://arch.doit.wisc.edu/keith/i2/grouper/privmgr/README

Terminal session examples:

Keith Hazelton Senior IT Architect, UW-Madison
(608) 262-0771 Division of Info. Technology
(608) 877-0977 (home) 1210 W. Dayton St., rm. 2164
http://arch.doit.wisc.edu/keith Madison, WI 53706