grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Playing with a new group type

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Playing with a new group type

  • From: Keith Hazelton <>
  • To:
  • Cc: EIS Architecture <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Playing with a new group type
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 00:32:02 -0600

blair christensen wrote:
On 2004.12.29 20:53, Keith Hazelton wrote:

I've had some success adding a new group type "service" that is like
group type "base" but with three additional list attributes:

Good to hear.  And, hopefully, that will be made even easier in an
upcoming release.

includes
excludes

Are you using these yet or are these just in anticipation of some of
the capabilities slotted for a future Grouper release?

I wasn't assuming anything here about future Groupers.  Our PASE spec has the idea that each service has an explicit "include" and "exclude" list,  I know all this could be done with plain "base" type groups and some naming conventions, but I thought I'd give this approach a try.  None of this is more than a prototyping exercise for now at least.

Basically I added a command line option "-t <gtype>" to allow one to
specify the group type to be acted upon

Ah, you beat me to it.

Just seemed the simplest thing to do  ;-)

The modified groupmgr.java file can be viewed at:

http://arch.doit.wisc.edu/keith/i2/grouper/groupmgr.java

May I integrate your modifications with what is currently in CVS?

Sure, of course.     --Keith

Keith Hazelton                  Senior IT Architect, UW-Madison
(608) 262-0771                  Division of Info. Technology
(608) 877-0977 (home)           1210 W. Dayton St., rm. 2164
http://arch.doit.wisc.edu/keith      Madison, WI  53706