grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Congratulations and a question

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Congratulations and a question

  • From: Mark McLaren <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Congratulations and a question
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:24:47 +0000

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:37:46 -0800, blair christensen
> On 2004.12.25 14:04, Mark McLaren wrote:
> > Grouper-lib.jar currently contains all the third party libraries
> > Grouper uses, not sure I like that idea but it works!
>
> Frankly, I'm not very fond of the approach either. It makes dealing
> with one's CLASSPATH significantly easier but it doesn't feel right.
> I'm open to suggestions.

I can't recall seeing any better solutions than simply using Ant and
it's inherent classpath capabilities to run an executable java class.
At its simplest an Ant classpath could contain a directory and all
the jar files in that directory are automatically added to the
classpath (although there are other more sophisticated Ant
configuration approaches with properties files and such).

See for example:

<http://www.ehatchersolutions.com/JavaDevWithAnt/ant.html>
<http://www.churchillobjects.com/c/11320c.html>