Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
[grouper-dev] RE: Pull requests for a non-standard setup
- From: "Hyzer, Chris" <>
- To: "Redman, Chad Eric" <>, "" <>
- Subject: [grouper-dev] RE: Pull requests for a non-standard setup
- Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 21:54:36 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) ;
- Ironport-phdr: 9a23:XyRjBRBTj+q0EWJo3qatUyQJP3N1i/DPJgcQr6AfoPdwSP79osbcNUDSrc9gkEXOFd2Crakb26yL6Ou5BCQp2tWojjMrSNR0TRgLiMEbzUQLIfWuLgnFFsPsdDEwB89YVVVorDmROElRH9viNRWJ+iXhpRZbIBj0NBJ0K+LpAcaSyp3vj6Hhs6HUNk9yiTa4aLU2ZD62pAmZm9MXisEqfq0xwxf+uHZEfu1Q7X5uLhSekwuqoo/684Rk7jxdobct+tBoUKPmcr4+QKACSjkqLip9sMLxsgTbQBHK6nYCemQQjhdSBQXZtlf3Uoqn4QXgse8okgmLL8DsCfgfWS6j9O0jHBrjiDYVOiQR8XrczNFogaRd5h+tukoskMbvfIiJOa8mLevmdtQASD8EB54JWg==
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
Sure, especially if they are low impact and/or could be disabled by property
if they cause a problem.
Each one needs a jira please.
Note, we would like to replace vt-ldap with ldaptive in 2.4...
On Behalf Of Redman, Chad Eric
Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2016 10:49 AM
Subject: [grouper-dev] Pull requests for a non-standard setup
I have been tasked with upgrading our Grouper installation from 1.6.3 to the
latest version. I do have a working version while incorporating all of our
existing customizations. At this point I can start to contribute back with
patches. However, some of them are specific to our setup, and may not be
generally useful. Our UI is deployed on Glassfish, and we also have a custom
tool built against the API that would potentially run under JBoss container.
I also do some development work on Windows 7. The modifications I've made so
- Allow ldap.properties to be read from a packed jar or from a virtual
filesystem (e.g. JBoss 7), the same way all the other property and xml files
are. As far as I can tell, this is the only property file that depends on a
physical filesystem file.
- Allow properties in packed jars on Windows to print the startup
configuration; files within jars have a "!" in the resource name, which
getCanonicalPath chokes on (this is really an issue of mixing resource names
with file names). There was also an issue with some property files having
spaces in the name, but I worked around it and haven't tested it in a while.
- Modify Grouper's GenericServletResponseWrapper to implement
HttpServletResponse. getStatus(), which is a new abstract method in the
servlet 3.0+ API used by Glassfish.
- (haven't started this yet) Add validator options to the LDAP Loader
properties; right now the LDAP Loader defaults to validating pooled
connections (with no way to turn it off), but there is no way to set a
validating function. This was added for the subject sources in GRP-1151, so
the LDAP Loader probably just needs a similar solution. Our LDAP Loader setup
is working great, but gives a warning of "validate called, but no validator
Is there any interest in creating pull requests for these?
- [grouper-dev] Pull requests for a non-standard setup, Redman, Chad Eric, 09/18/2016
- [grouper-dev] RE: Pull requests for a non-standard setup, Hyzer, Chris, 09/23/2016
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.