Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
- From: "William G. Thompson, Jr." <>
- To: Nicolas Marcotte <>
- Cc: Grouper Dev <>
- Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] JLine integration into gsh
- Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 13:10:01 -0400
- Ironport-phdr: 9a23:NMyZwxWZIlcodxBeCkJjVvj2V4nV8LGtZVwlr6E/grcLSJyIuqrYZhaDt8tkgFKBZ4jH8fUM07OQ6P+wHzFbqs/c+Fk5M7VyFDY9wf0MmAIhBMPXQWbaF9XNKxIAIcJZSVV+9Gu6O0UGUOz3ZlnVv2HgpWVKQka3HUNPK+/0Ao/fidisn6D3osWLIlYAuD3oR7J5KxG/tk30v9Mdhpd+J+5lzBrCpX9BYKJTzHljIk6Pkj7h/ce95pR59CNTtrQq/pgTf7/9evFycr1cCDUvNigaooXXtR7GVRCI4D9UcH9Q2FIcHAfZ7Bb/dpj0uyr+8OF63X/JboXNUbkoVGH6vO9QQxjyhXJCbmZh/Q==
I feel your pain! Which is why I started groovysh4grouper which has
been extend to support python and clojure by Carl.
You might be interested in giving it a try:
On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 11:06 AM, Nicolas Marcotte
> I am currently evaluating grouper for my institution and I was about to be
> driven mad by the line handling of gsh. To avoid that unfortunate I took 2
> hours to integrate JLine2 to gsh interactive mode. I submit you my patch-set
> with the copyright attributed to Internet2.
> Here are the feature added to gsh:
> -platform independent arrows key handling
> -sh style history
> -minimal tab completion: the suggestions are from the current bsh dictionary
> and the lower case classes from package
> edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.app.gsh without contextual awareness....
> I hope that this patch-set will help others to avoid getting mad at gsh !
> Have a nice day!!
> Nicolas Marcotte
> Analyste technologique – Architecture, conception et développement
> Système d’information - Service des technologies de l'information
> Université de Sherbrooke
> Tél: 819 821-8000 poste 63276
> Courriel :
- [grouper-dev] JLine integration into gsh, Nicolas Marcotte, 08/26/2016
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.