grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] Grouper Processing Speed

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] Grouper Processing Speed

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: John Tran <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] Grouper Processing Speed
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 13:30:05 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

> In the grouper_loader_log, there is started_time and ended_time, but
> those are dates without timestamps.

Are you in mysql (or something else non-oracle). You could try changing the
column type from DATE to DATETIME and see if that helps (do that in test
first) :)

> I see total_count which I assume
> is the total number of changes in that job.

Total is the total number of members for a group or list of groups. The
insert/update/delete shows how many have been changed, though there isn’t
something to say how many will be changed.

> However, I don’t see a
> field that would indicate how many have been processed and/or how many
> are left to process in that job.

If you look at a job in process, it should update that record in the table
with progress. You are looking at jobs which are status SUCCESS which means
done

> If I’m correct to assume that grouper_change_log_entry_temp are the jobs in
> queue, is there a way to see how large these jobs are?

No, that is just the change log temp to change log job, copies records to a
different table and orders them and assigns ID's and maybe other things

Apologies, I just came across your response this morning. I’m not quite sure
how I missed it.

In the grouper_loader_log, there is started_time and ended_time, but those
are dates without timestamps. I see total_count which I assume is the total
number of changes in that job. However, I don’t see a field that would
indicate how many have been processed and/or how many are left to process in
that job.

If I’m correct to assume that grouper_change_log_entry_temp are the jobs in
queue, is there a way to see how large these jobs are?

Thanks,

John Tran
IS Technical Services Senior
Division of Information Technology