grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] Notes: Grouper-Dev Call of July 29, 2015

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] Notes: Grouper-Dev Call of July 29, 2015

  • From: Emily Eisbruch <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] Notes: Grouper-Dev Call of July 29, 2015
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 19:23:24 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Bn3pr0801mb0916: X-MS-Exchange-Organization-RulesExecuted

Notes: Grouper Call of  Wed., July 29, 2015 at noon ET

Attending

Chris Hyzer, U. Penn, Chair

Tom Barton, U. Chicago

Shilen Patel, Duke

Jim Fox, U. Washington

Emily Eisbruch, Internet2

New Action Items - from July 29, 2015

[AI] (Emily) update Contribs wiki page to indicate how to use template for new docs (done)

[AI] (Chris) document JNDI and paging on the wiki

[AI]  (Shilen) look at Import/Export from pre 2.2 (detect print out message)

[AI] (Chris) make project in GrouperMIsc and put Google Connecter there

Carry Over Action Items

[AI] (DaveL) follow up on provisioning empty groups to LDAP to be sure the solution is documented

AGENDA

PSP-next generation - will discuss at next call, when new core developer is on the call

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Post+PSP+Provisioning

Built-in Messaging Table

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+messaging+built+in

  • Chris is working on the Built-in messaging table

  • Like change log consumer, a message is a record in the table w timestamp on when sent

  • For change log, rely on the timestamp and add 3 more digits of precision

  • helps to set the order  if two machines are putting in messages

Q: is this for ordering or to resolve conflicts?

A: it is for ordering

if you have comments, let Chris know

Issue roundup

·         Provisioning and users etc

·         Typo is JSP for certain situations: https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1152

Chris made a patch for this. See patches table on release notes page here

·         Eclipse configs for maven

·         Grouper wiki doc pages

[AI] (Emily) update Contribs wiki page to indicate how to use template for new docs (done)

·         Grouper patcher auto update: https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+installer+non+interactive+auto+apply+patches+example

·         ldap.properties: https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1091

·         READ privileges cascade (can’t read groups that are members of grouper you can read)

·         JNDI and paging

[AI] (Chris) document JNDI and paging on the wiki

·         Import/Export from 1.6.3 (detect print out message)

[AI]  (Shilen) will look at Import/Export from pre 2.2 (detect print out message)

·         JAVA_HOME on startup: https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1157

·         REST source adapter: https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1155

·         Grouper dependent on quick start: https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1158

·         Auto execute GSH if needed: https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1159

·         Error log shows info lines: https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1154

·         Grouper  installer JAVA_HOME: https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1157

·         Compiler version: https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1160  https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1161

       -Chris created patch

·         Subject source CAST: https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1162

·         Loader jobs UI (create?): https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1163

      -This is on the Grouper Roadmap

·         Validate loader query on save: https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1164

·         Progress bars in installer: https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1164

·         Progress bars in loader: https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1166

·         Document subjectCheckConfig in sources.xml: https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1167

·         Patch creator cant find old JSPs: https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1168

·         Loader display name change: https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1091

·         Improve folder privileges: https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1169

·         USDU improvements: https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-1170

Chris emailed John G about the Google connector.   Agreed it is OK to put this connector in Grouper

[AI] (Chris) will make project in GrouperMIsc and put Google Connecter there

TIER update

http://www.internet2.edu/vision-initiatives/initiatives/trust-identity-education-research/

  • There has been discussion of versioning in context of TIER

  • In the Grouper Project, we don’t use “RC” for release candidates

  • We use same numbers for released version as for candidate

  • inside the Grouper code, such as in Web Service, the version # gets parsed

  • if we change our approach, we need to find all such places in Grouper Code where the code looks at the version

https://spaces.internet2.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=41582755

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Release+steps#Releasesteps-ReleaseNumberingandTestingPeriod

  • Should projects such as Grouper change their versioning scheme for the TIER Collaboration?

  • This is being explored

  • Idea: Could there be a common way to print out the versioning info that a user sends to support  if they have a problem?

===

  • Tom : there is TIER Architecture work ongoing to develop principles for TIER.

  • The outputs will go to TIER investor council and TIER developers to help direct TIER

  • Reviewing the requirements that emerged from workshops

2015 Technololgy Exchange update:

http://www.internet2.edu/news-events/events/technology-exchange/

Program: https://meetings.internet2.edu/2015-technology-exchange/program/

Grouper BoF will be Tuesday, 10/6/15,
12:30pm-1:30pm

Possible Agenda for the Grouper BOF:

  • Welcome

  • Agenda Bash

  • Update on Grouper

  • Discuss Minor Release 2.2.2

    • will include the 30-40 patches

  • Roadmap

  • Introduce new team member

  • PSP and messaging Direction...

  • Community Feedback

  • (no pre-arranged presentations)

======

For Advance CAMP at the Technology Exchange
API work might fit in

Next Grouper call: Wed. Aug. 12 at noon ET

(Chris not available)

Shilen will send out agenda and  lead call on Aug 12

Emily Eisbruch, Work Group Lead, Trust and Identity
Internet2

office: +1-734-352-4996 | mobile +1-734-730-5749

  • [grouper-dev] Notes: Grouper-Dev Call of July 29, 2015, Emily Eisbruch, 07/31/2015