grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] SubjectFinder: Converting subject Id to Subject object without LDAP lookup

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] SubjectFinder: Converting subject Id to Subject object without LDAP lookup

  • From: John Gasper <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] SubjectFinder: Converting subject Id to Subject object without LDAP lookup
  • Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 15:58:11 -0700

Hi all,

I’m working on a membership clean up script. Given a list of subject ids (which may or may not be in Grouper), I'm trying to resolve a Subject object so I can search for memberships:
final Subject subject = SubjectFinder.findByIdAndSource(uid, sourceId, false);

This generally works fine, but I’m hitting ldap un-necessarily since many of these records don’t exists in Grouper. So my question is what is the recommend way of checking if a given subject id string exists in the Grouper system without the lookup pinging the Subject source system.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
John

--