grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] new UI - tooltips?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] new UI - tooltips?

  • From: "Michael R. Gettes" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] new UI - tooltips?
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 20:57:31 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi all,

(I think they are called tooltips) In the old UI if i held my mouse over
“manage members” and other buttons/links to do things - I would get help text
of what to do. This made the UI easy to learn. These appear to be gone (or
much less needed) in the new UI, yes? i see in the privs dialog for a group
i can hold my mouse over the read priv for someone and i get a tip to remove
it. but if i am adding a new user, the assign priv list doesn’t have tips of
what the various privs are - i use this just as an example. hmmm, as i poke
around more, maybe it is just the priv attributes that need these tips.

anyway, this is kind of a stream of consciousness type query… any insight
appreciated.

/mrg