grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Experiences with group provisioning

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Experiences with group provisioning

  • From: Jon Gorrono <>
  • To: Jim Fox <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Experiences with group provisioning
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:06:49 -0700

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Jim Fox <> wrote:
(snip)

Content of the messages.

For us this was trivially easy.  Our group service provides a REST
API with essentially two resources:  group information except
membership, and the individual members.  Our messages are the same
representations of these resources as one would get from the API.

This leads to an easy way to deal with AWS's lack of guaranteed
order.  We keep a window of resource_id/event_time pairs.  For each
message, if we have already processed a later message for this
resource we toss the new one.

(snip)
Jim

Just a FYI from the peanut gallery: AMQ also provides no guarantee wrt message delivery order ... (nor does the JMS spec) .... that is one of the purposes of the correlation id. There are other techniques that can help with sorting, such as custom message id's

FWIW

--
Jon Gorrono
PGP Key: 0x5434509D - http{pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x5434509D&op=index}