grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper Development contribution

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper Development contribution

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper Development contribution
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 18:36:33 -0600

Hi Datta,

I'm really glad to hear your interest and welcome you to work with us.

There are two basic steps to becoming a core contributor. The first is straightforward: you'll need to sign and send in the Contributor License Agreement. The second is to establish yourself with the existing grouper developers. This is accomplished by participating in the grouper-dev calls and list to help us address needs of the grouper project, often by helping the grouper project to understand and address needs of your campus and others like it. Somewhere along the way you may well write code, which initially will be reviewed by current committers. By starting to work together, you'll learn our ropes and we'll learn your interests, strengths, and how we work together.

That's about it. Does that make sense?