grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper Call of Jan. 15, 2014

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper Call of Jan. 15, 2014

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Scott Koranda <>, Emily Eisbruch <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper Call of Jan. 15, 2014
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:24:46 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Right that was our discussion, and all of us on the call use B

On Behalf Of Scott Koranda
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2014 8:54 AM
To: Emily Eisbruch

Hi,

> ScottK had a question about Grouper database on a dedicated host - He is
> looking for people with experience of using one database. No responses yet.
> Generally people use at least two databases: one dedicated host and one
> backup
> host.
> https://lists.internet2.edu/sympa/arc/grouper-users/2014-01/msg00006.html

Sorry, I should have been more clear. The question was not
about load balancing or failover or high availability in
general.

I have a client that initially planned to put an Oracle DB
instance, the Grouper loader, and the Grouper UI all on one
machine, so no Grouper communication (other than the loader
talking to the SOR) would leave the host. Call this deployment
option A.

More recently they are investigating using an existing Oracle
DB cluster and configuring the JDBC drivers for the loader and
UI to connect to it over TCP. Call this deployment option B.

So the question was designed to understand if there are any
large campus Grouper deployments using option A instead of
option B.

Thanks,

Scott