Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
Re: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper call 8-May-2013
- From: Scott Koranda <>
- To: Emily Eisbruch <>
- Cc: "" <>
- Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper call 8-May-2013
- Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 13:15:02 -0500
- Authentication-results: sfpop-ironport03.merit.edu; dkim=pass (signature verified)
> PSP Update & Outlook
> Dave is working on PSP, including looking at performance issues. Some
> improvements have been made around change logs.
> The group discussed possible approaches for on-going PSP development. Since
> PSP is based on SPML, optimizations around LDAP operation batching are
> challenging. Integrating PSP more tightly with Grouper could enable greater
> optimizations. An advantage to continuing with the PSP's SMPL approach is
> that it enables the potential to have source and target not related to
> Grouper. Removing SPML from the PSP would require a re-write. Dave noted
> that using the Shib Attribute Resolver in the PSP adds overhead. If PSP
> configuration was not done with the Shib Attribute Resolver, then properties
> files and the expression language could be used. This would require users to
> change their current configuration.
My unsolicited input is that asking PSP users to change their
configuration is not a problem because the configuration is difficult
and error-prone as it currently stands.
> It was noted that the PSP is currently
> easy to configure for people who are familiar with Shib and Spring.
I strongly disagree, having configured
- 50 Shib SPs
- being familiar with Spring
- 3 PSP deployments
I encourage in the strongest possible way the team to rethink PSP
Scott Koranda for LIGO
- [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper call 8-May-2013, Emily Eisbruch, 05/16/2013
- Re: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper call 8-May-2013, Scott Koranda, 05/16/2013
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.