grouper-dev - Fwd: [grouper-dev] Grouper design call, Wednesday, 13 March 2013, 1200EDT (1600Z)

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Fwd: [grouper-dev] Grouper design call, Wednesday, 13 March 2013, 1200EDT (1600Z)

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Fwd: [grouper-dev] Grouper design call, Wednesday, 13 March 2013, 1200EDT (1600Z)
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 15:56:15 -0500

> This came up on the dev call today...potential for PSP to implement
> OpenICF and gain a bunch of connectors including GoogleApps, LDAP,
> etc.
>
> http://openicf.forgerock.org/connectors/index.html

Actually I did look at implementing an openicf connector instead of spml.

First, I wrapped Chris' single-jar grouper-ws-client as an openicf
connector, and it was straightforward to plug grouper into openidm.
Nice.

I had a hard time working with the openicf framework though for
writing, meaning a psp openicf target connector, and felt it would
need to be a planned effort. If I remember correctly, there were some
technical hurdles, like versioning of the connector framework or
incomplete documentation or the framework was moving between homes,
not exactly sure, but hopefully it would be easier now.