grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] RE: Different attribute that are the same for AD

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] RE: Different attribute that are the same for AD

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] RE: Different attribute that are the same for AD
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 12:30:31 -0600

> If false, modifications should consist of add and delete operations. If
> true, modifications should consist of replace operations.
>
> private boolean replaceValues = false;
>
> This should be set to True, I don’t understand why the default is false. Do
> you have a good reason for it ?

Consider an "everyone" group whose member attribute has 10k values. If
replaceValues was true, then every time a member is added or removed
from the group, 10k+1 values would be replaced rather than just
adding or deleting a single value. Setting replaceValues=true is
probably only appropriate for attributes with a reasonably small
number of values.

> you’re doing adds before deletes, you should reverse them

Except for the member attribute on openldap which must have a value,
so deleting the last value before adding a new one will result in an
error. Add-before-delete or delete-before-add could become a
configuration option.