grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Writing custom non-LDAP PSP

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Writing custom non-LDAP PSP

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Patrick Radtke <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Writing custom non-LDAP PSP
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:39:06 -0500

> I wanted to do a proof of concept around writing a PSP to provision groups
> to one of our cloud vendors.
>
> Looking through the source code, I think I'll need to extend BaseSpmlTarget.
> Any other pointers to writing a custom PSP? I started watching the training
> videos for PSP and have read portions of
> https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+Provisioning

As an example of a non-ldap provisioning target, take a look at the
psp-grouper-target project. It is cleaner than psp-ldap-target. You
could probably check out or export psp-grouper-target and refactor
"grouper" to "cloud" appropriately.

Probably the most challenging part will be implementing search...

> As a side note, I had trouble building the PSP stuff when following
> https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Getting+Started+with+Grouper+Provisioning+Tests+in+Eclipse
>
> I'm running maven3 from the command line.
>
> The first two issues were related to the repositories defined in
> psp-parent/pom.xml. The shib release url
> (https://shibboleth.net/nexus/content/groups/public) is a 404. I think it
> should be (https://build.shibboleth.net/nexus/content/groups/public).

Thanks.

> The defined Internet2 repository doesn't seem to have all the required maven
> stuff either. Adding sonatype's repository seems to fix some issues
> https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots.

Hmm, the age of my local maven repository is probably hiding these issues.

> The 3rd issue is when maven tries to resolve
> edu.internet2.middleware.grouper:grouper:jar:2.1.1 - that version is not in
> the central maven repo (only 2.1.0 seems to be)

Yes, not everything is published to maven central. The psp also has
not synchronized to maven central from sonatype. I probably need to
submit an issue to sonatype oss hosting, but I was hoping someone else
would so we could see how their vetting process works regarding
project authoritativeness, err, authoritativity.

> Is running the build from the command line supported? I wasn't sure from the
> documentation if I need to do it within Eclipse and download all the other
> source code and build everything.

Well, yes, I use command line tools rather than Eclipse to build and
deploy Grouper. Here is what I do :

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/v2.1.0+Grouper+Development+Environment+Using+Maven

However, I think officially, Grouper is ant ant project.