grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] Writing custom non-LDAP PSP

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] Writing custom non-LDAP PSP

  • From: Patrick Radtke <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] Writing custom non-LDAP PSP
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 16:31:25 -0700

Hi,

I wanted to do a proof of concept around writing a PSP to provision groups to one of our cloud vendors.

Looking through the source code, I think I'll need to extend BaseSpmlTarget. Any other pointers to writing a custom PSP? I started watching the training videos for PSP and have read portions of https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+Provisioning

As a side note, I had trouble building the PSP stuff when following https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Getting+Started+with+Grouper+Provisioning+Tests+in+Eclipse

I'm running maven3 from the command line.

The first two issues were related to the repositories defined in psp-parent/pom.xml. The shib release url (https://shibboleth.net/nexus/content/groups/public) is a 404. I think it should be (https://build.shibboleth.net/nexus/content/groups/public).
The defined Internet2 repository doesn't seem to have all the required maven stuff either. Adding sonatype's repository seems to fix some issues https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots.

The 3rd issue is when maven tries to resolve edu.internet2.middleware.grouper:grouper:jar:2.1.1 - that version is not in the central maven repo (only 2.1.0 seems to be)

Is running the build from the command line supported? I wasn't sure from the documentation if I need to do it within Eclipse and download all the other source code and build everything.

thanks,

Patrick