grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Stem list not sorted with multiple pages

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Stem list not sorted with multiple pages

  • From: Peter DiCamillo <>
  • To: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Stem list not sorted with multiple pages
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 10:13:50 -0400

Yes, I discovered that too. We have the same situation with stems lists in a few cases not fitting on one page of the default size. I have a patch for that for AbstractRepositoryBrowser.java, and I was going to bring that up on the list after I finish our update to Grouper 2.1.2. The patch just sorts the entire result set before displaying each page. That's potentially a performance problem, but 350 stems is the worst case for us, and not a problem.

Peter

Gagné Sébastien wrote:
Hi,

Is it normal that the whole resulset isn’t sorted when the stem list is on multiple pages ? They are properly sorted on each page, but not as a whole.

Thanks

Here is my example :

Page 1

Page 2

All on one page, using page size=100 (the yellow lines were found on Page 2 above)

* *

*Sébastien Gagné,* | Analyste en informatique

514-343-6111 x33844 | Université de Montréal,