grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] another psp 2.1.2 release candidate

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] another psp 2.1.2 release candidate

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] another psp 2.1.2 release candidate
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 15:36:56 -0500

Another psp 2.1.2 release candidate is now available.

http://www.internet2.edu/grouper/release/2.1.2/

A pretty horrible bug was introduced in 2.1.1 which catastrophically
deletes all provisioned objects when provisioning Active Directory.
Hence, I disabled downloads of 2.1.1.

The psp considers identifiers to be case sensitive, and defaults to
lowercase rdn attribute types, for example

dc=example,dc=edu

while Active Directory returns uppercase rdn attribute types, for example

DC=example,DC=edu

The difference between uppercase and lowercase rdn attribute types
resulted in the psp incorrectly deleting provisioned objects.

When provisioning Active Directory, care should be taken to make sure
that ldap dns are calculated with uppercase rdn attribute types. Prior
to version 2.1.2, rdn attribute types were not configurable when
calculating ldap dns from grouper names. This 2.1.2 release candidate
allows rdn attribute types to be configured, for example

<resolver:AttributeDefinition
id="groupDn"
xsi:type="psp-grouper-ldap:LdapDnFromGrouperNamePSOIdentifier"
rdnAttributeName="CN"
stemRdnAttributeName="OU"
... />

At first I thought that comparing identifiers case-insensitively was
the right thing to do, but the openspml library uses string equals()
to compare identifiers, and I decided this would be messy to override.
So for now, identifiers are case sensitive.

Changes made in version 2.1.1 to improve performance exposed this
issue. I hurried 2.1.1 without adequate testing. It took a while to
acquire another Active Directory test environment, mostly because of
my schedule.

Thanks for your patience,
and apologies for the inconvenience,
TomZ