grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] add a gsh (not .sh) script?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] add a gsh (not .sh) script?

  • From: David Langenberg <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] add a gsh (not .sh) script?
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 09:27:26 -0600

+1
Dave

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Chris Hyzer <> wrote:
Many software packages have the windows script: whatever.bat, and the unix script: whatever.  Then when you document things, you say: whatever -arg1 -arg2   (works in windows and unix)
However, grouper has gsh.bat and gsh.sh, so we have to document things two ways:

gsh -loader  (windows)
gsh.sh -loader (unix)

Im thinking we should add a unix script in addition to gsh.sh (for backwards compatibility) which is just gsh (same script as gsh.sh).  Then we can just document it as:

gsh -loader

And it will work in windows and linux.

OK, this is probably not important enough to discuss, but just mentioning...  :)

Thoughts?  +1's?  -1's?  :)

David Langenberg
Identity Management
The University of Chicago