grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] Github?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] Github?

  • From: Nathan Kopp <>
  • To: "William G. Thompson, Jr." <>, Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] Github?
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 23:36:37 -0400

Yes,

The coolest thing about Github seems to be the dynamics. If contributors use
Github themselves, they can easily make a public fork and commit their bug
fixes or enhancements. The community and core developers can easily review
everyone's public customizations and then easily pull some of them into the
baseline as desired. Plus, the whole thing makes it easier for those who
have manage custom versions to merge official updates into their custom
versions.

We are seriously considering doing this for our custom implementation of CAS
(maintaining the majority of our changes in public view on Github), and if
that works, it would be great to do the same with Grouper.

-Nathan