grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] Github?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] Github?

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "William G. Thompson, Jr." <>, Nathan Kopp <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] Github?
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 20:13:34 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

It feels like we recently migrated from CVS to SVN... which is why I am not
too excited about switching again to the latest and greatest thing... :)
Will keep it on the radar though...

On Behalf Of William G. Thompson, Jr.
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2012 8:51 AM
To: Nathan Kopp
Cc: Grouper Dev

I'll just confirm that the move to github for CAS by all accounts has
been a significant improvement, especially in terms of collaboration.
I believe the same is true for uPortal which made the move prior to
CAS. Git is just better than svn in a number of ways (distributed,
real tags, etc), but the dynamics of github is where the real gain is.

Best,
Bill

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Nathan Kopp