grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] reproducing "null session member" exception GRP-737 ?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] reproducing "null session member" exception GRP-737 ?

  • From: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • To: "Tom Zeller" <>
  • Cc: "Grouper Dev" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] reproducing "null session member" exception GRP-737 ?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 15:08:16 -0500

Hmmm I'm not sure, but you might be one to something. I usually don't wait
very long and did multiple "-loader reset", but it might still be too long .

But I did some tests, use case :
1- Stop -loader
2- Start -loader
3- Add member to group

If I do 2 and 3 fast enough (less than 30 secs), the change will usually
work. Since the cron is programmed to be every minute, if I do another change
between the success and the other execution, it will fail. So I might have a
1 minute timeout. I'm not sure where this would be happening.

Could it be a firewall issue that would drop the connection ?
Could you make it so that a new root session is created each time ?

PS.
Found this in my logs when starting the -loader, I'm not sure if it's normal
, but it might be related :
2012-02-23 14:41:00,085: [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-2] INFO
Psp.getPSP(172) - - Loading psp from configuration directory 'null'