grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] error assigning permission resource to a role.

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] error assigning permission resource to a role.

  • From: LLG5 <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] error assigning permission resource to a role.
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 13:25:23 -0400

When I attempt to assign a role to a permission using gsh. The
following error occurred:
// Error: unable to evaluate command: Sourced file: inline evaluation of:
``iamTagRole.getPermissionRoleDelegate().assignRolePermission(cprWebServicesResour
. . . '' : Method Invocation assignRolePermission
// See error log for full stacktrace
// caused by:
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.exception.AttributeAssignNotAllowed:
// Not allowed to assign to group:
AttributeDef[name=psu:its:apps:cpr:resources:cprWebServicesDef,uuid=00967081876641f49a4d58d743d0c130],
461d41da6c094879a6ecf43b5450f892, to allow this, make sure the attributeDef
has setAssignToGroup(true)

I checked the isAssignToGroup status - it was false. I set the
isAssignToGroup status to true, store the group change and was successfully
able to assign the permission to the role.

I didn't see this command used in any of the demos that I looked at
and I was wondering if there is a grouper property that would automatically
set the isAssignToGroup status to true when a new attribute def is created?

I am using Grouper 1.6.3 binary package.
Lynn